Graduate Certificate in Music World Culture-Ethnomusicology
The Graduate Certificate in Music in World Cultures (Ethnomusicology) program is designed to strengthen the essential knowledge for international or domestic cross-cultural careers. The program will help students evaluate the roles of an ethnomusicologist and learn the foundations of ethnomusicology. The program also offers students the opportunity to specialize in music from one of the world’s many cultures. Students that would like to advance their education may apply their certificate program credits towards the Master of Arts in Ethnomusicology degree.
The program requires students to complete 12 credit hours within four courses. The three required courses include: Introduction to Ethnomusicology, Field of Ethnomusicology, and Music, Orality & Storytelling. The final three credits are fulfilled by completing a Seminar in Ethnic Music course. There are a total of ten seminar courses to choose from with each one focusing on a specific culture’s music. Some of the focuses are Africa, Latin America, China and Eastern Europe.
Within the three required courses, students will gain a broad education regarding the world’s cultures and music. The program’s courses will cover topics such as traditions of cultures, ethnomusicology research, and music analysis. Students should also learn effective methods to break down cultural barriers to help facilitate strong intercultural relationships. In addition, students will begin to analyze philosophical approaches to ethnomusicology and examine major literary works relating to ethnomusicology practice.
Students must complete each courses with a grade of “C” or higher. In addition, the program must be completed with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Liberty University offers students access to academic advisors, the Online Writing Center, and the online Library. Students may also use Liberty University Online Communities which offer videos of Convocation & Campus Church events, spiritual encouragement, and communities to converse with fellow students.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.