Graduate Certificate in Middle Grades
The Graduate Certificate in Middle Grades program provided through Liberty University is designed to strengthen the student’s teaching expertise within a number of different educational settings. Specifically, students will be trained to instruct children that are in the sixth, seventh and eighth grades. The Middle Grades Graduate Certificate program also provides students with a strong foundation for a more advanced master’s degree program through Liberty University.
Throughout the program, students have the potential to expand their personal teaching expertise and strengthen their subject knowledge related to the educational field. Specific course topics include research for the instruction of science in middle school, trends regarding social studies instruction in middle school, activity preparation, and lesson planning. Students will also gain experience with the development of lesson plans that take into account classroom diversity, requirements of the field and available educational tools.
The 2013-2014 academic school year’s full-time tuition for each credit hour was $490. The program requires students to complete three courses for a total of nine credits. Students must complete the program’s two required courses: Professional Development in Middle Grades Education; and Young Adolescents, Schools & Communities. However, for the final course requirement, students have the option of completing either the Teaching Science in Middle School or the Teaching Social Studies in Middle School course.
Graduate certificate students may use Liberty University’s academic advisors, online library and Online Writing Center while enrolled. Students must complete all of the program’s courses through Liberty University. No letter grades of “D” or lower while be applied to the completion of the certificate. To successfully earn the certificate, students must complete the program with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.