Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management program at Liberty University is designed for individuals that have interest in developing leadership expertise within the healthcare field. Students will be taught effective techniques for organizing and improving practices within a variety of healthcare environments. In addition, the program will utilize moral and biblical perspectives to enhance the student’s knowledge regarding healthcare ethics, communication, finance, and professionalism. Those that earn the certificate may find leadership careers within healthcare departments like human resources, medical staff relations or patient care services.
To successfully earn the certificate, students must complete a total of nine credits within three designated courses. The program’s three required courses are Christian Ethics & Health Behavior, Grant Acquisition & Management, and Politics & Health Policy. During the 2013-2014 academic school year, each full-time credit costed the student $490. The program may be completed entirely online.
The program will cover a variety of subjects within healthcare while using both biblical and Christian perspectives. Courses will cover topics such as eugenics, genetic testing, private grants, and public health policy. The program’s curriculum will provide students the opportunity to analyze the role that politics plays within health policy decision making. Students should also gain experience in grant writing and effective grant management.
Liberty University offers a variety of resources for graduate certificate students throughout the program’s duration. Students may use academic advisors, the online library and the Online Writing Center. Students must complete all of the courses through Liberty University with a grade of “C” or higher. The program also requires that students complete the program with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.