Graduate Certificate in Global Studies
The Graduate Certificate in Global Studies program offered through Liberty University provides a study of the world’s cultures and religions. Designed for individuals serving in cross-cultural ministry, the program may strengthen the student’s Gospel presentation expertise in relation to different cultures and world views. The certificate program is intended for leaders within mission agencies, mission pastors, and cross cultural missionaries. However, students that would like to enhance their career marketability or those interested in personal enrichment are also encouraged to enroll.
The curriculum will provide an education within variety of subjects. Specifically, the courses will cover topics such as history of global engagement, intercultural communication, and community transformation. Students will have the opportunity to analyze the spread of global Christianity throughout history.
To graduate, students must complete three required courses for a total of nine credits. The three courses that students are required to take are Global Studies Survey, History of Global Christianity, and Intercultural Communication. Students may complete each course online. Students that are interested in a traditional course format may complete some of the program’s courses on Liberty’s campus. For the 2013-2014 academic year, each part-time credit was $320. Students taking 9-15 credit hours may pay one block tuition rate of $2350.
Liberty University provides a number of different academic resources for graduate certificate students. Students may use Liberty’s academic advisors, online library, and Online Writing Center. The university also provides access to Liberty Online Communities that offer students locations to churches, Convocation & Campus Church event videos, and spiritual encouragement.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.