Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education
Liberty University designed the Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education program to instruct different techniques for educating advanced students. The curriculum will provide educators with ways to develop effective teaching methods and improve the quality of educational settings. The program focuses on using moral and biblical perspectives that may enhance the program’s students marketability within future careers. The graduate certificate program also encourages guidance counselors, school administrators and parents to enroll.
Students will be required to complete 12 credits within four designated courses. Some of the program’s courses are Principles & Practices in Gifted Education, Organization & Design of Gifted Education Programs, and Readings & Research in Gifted Education. The courses have an eight week format and may be completed entirely online. The cost for each full-time credit during the 2013-2014 academic school year was $490.
Throughout the program, courses will provide students instruction within a variety of educational topics. The program may help further the educator’s understanding of the educational and emotional needs of gifted learners. Students within the program will gain experience in developing curricula that differ for advanced learners within homogeneous or heterogenous classrooms. The courses will also teach ways to deliver gifted education within extra curricular, field focused, and integrated programs.
Students must complete all of the program’s credits through Liberty University with grade of “C” or higher. To be awarded the certificate, students must complete the program with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Liberty University also provides certificate students access to academic advisors, the online library and the Online Writing Center.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.