Graduate Certificate in Communications and Human Services
The Graduate Certificate in Communications & Human Services provides students a fundamental study of human behavior so that they may apply their knowledge to various work settings. Graduates should be prepared to use the knowledge gained within the program to effectively lead and improve the well-being of employees. The curriculum is designed to integrate theories from a variety of subjects such as psychology, communications, and theology.
The certificate programs at Liberty University are designed to offer light course-loads that will help the student’s marketability for future careers.
Students must complete a total of nine credits within three designated courses. The required courses are Communication Theory & Practices, Communication in Christian Ministry, and Organizational Communication. During the 2013-2014 academic school year, each full-time credit for the program was $490.
Certificate program courses at Liberty University are eight weeks in length. The Graduate Certificate in Communications & Human Services program may be completed entirely online. If a student is interested in campus-based classes, each course within the program also offers a residential format.
Graduate certificate students will have access to many of Liberty University’s academic resources. Students may use the online library, academic advisors, and the Online Writing Center throughout the program’s entirety.
The program’s courses offer instruction within a variety of subjects. Specifically, some course topics that will be covered are communication research, theory, history, and practice. Students may also gain experience with the implementation of communication concepts to organizational issues and settings. In addition, the courses should enhance the student’s practical and theoretical understanding of communication within the Christian ministry field.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must have received a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 2.3 GPA.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.