Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership
Liberty University offers an online Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership degree. The Ed.S. program is designed to prepare competent and effective students to become leaders with a Christian worldview. The graduate is expected to uphold the high academic standards of Liberty University's School of Education and perform a leadership role in the fields of education. The courses provide students with a specialized program, tailored in the areas of Educational Leadership or Curriculum and Instruction. The two concentrations within the Education Specialist degree program will prepare teachers seeking credentials in K-12 or university-level school positions. Students will develop the skills necessary to fulfill an educator role and assist in the accomplishment of Christian educational goals and objectives.
The flexible online format allows busy professional students to earn a valuable degree that will give graduates the opportunity to advance in current positions or serve as the foundation for teachers pursuing a higher education by earning a doctoral degree. Students of the Ed.S. program are required to choose a specialized concentration in the areas of interest that best suit their future career goals and personal aspirations. The Education Specialist degree is a 30-credit-hour program comprised of 15 credit hours in core education courses that cover the basic topics of Educational Psychology, Principles and Ethics, Historical and Social Foundations of Education, Educational Leadership, Advanced Statistics, and Advanced Research and Writing. Each of the concentrations combines the core curriculum with specialized courses delving into specific topics, creating a personalized program for successful completion.
The Ed.S. students must choose a concentration and coursework among:
Educational Leadership (15 hours):
- Educational Leadership and Public Relations
- Conflict Resolution
- Systems Analysis
- Advanced School Law
Curriculum and Instruction (15 hours):
- Researching Issues and Trends in Exceptionality
- Curriculum Theory
- Technology Practices for Instructional Improvement
- Conflict Resolution
Students of the Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership program are advised to contact an advisor for specific home state education requirements for specific degree qualifications and licensure minimums.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.