Ed.S. in Curriculum & Instruction / Secondary Education
Liberty University’s online Education Specialist in Curriculum & Instruction – Secondary Education program examines research and instructional approaches for managing student behaviors effectively with an emphasis on individualized, classroom, and school-wide behavior support. This program addresses curriculum function, development, and evaluation as well as provides a detailed overview of technology usage in the classroom.
You will learn how to use tools and strategies for meeting the educational requirements of students who have special learning needs, come from differing socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, and have varying learning styles. Additionally, you will examine opportunities for gifted students as well as strategies for securing funding for gifted programs.
You will develop means of effectively using various technologies for communication and collaboration, improving classroom instruction.
Professional opportunities include:
- Gifted-Student Instructor
- High School Educator
- School Administrator
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Master's degree in education (or a related field) with a 3.0 GPA from an institution that is accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants with a non-educational master’s degree may be required to complete M.Ed. core courses (up to 12 additional hours) before taking any post-graduate coursework.
- Official college transcripts
- Recommender Contact Information
- Professional vita
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.