Ed.D. in Curriculum & Instruction / Special Education
Liberty University’s online Doctor of Education in Curriculum & Instruction – Special Education program examines best practices for using technology as it relates to student learning, effectiveness of administrative processes, and service to students and parents. You will learn to use various theories, models, and strategies as a practical guide to solve problems.
Additionally, you will analyze processes for assessing students with special needs and ways of effectively using various technology for communication and collaboration, improving classroom instruction.
Through this program, you will review current issues facing the field of special education. Dissertation research, proposal, and defense are required as part of this program.
Potential Career Options
- Gifted-Student Instructor
- School Administrator
- Special Education Instructor
- University Professor
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- 3 on-campus intensives
- On-campus dissertation defense
- Official college transcripts
- Master's degree in education (or a related field) with a 3.0 GPA from an institution that is accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants with a non-educational master’s degree may be required to complete M.Ed. core courses (up to 12 additional hours) before taking any post-graduate coursework.
- Recommender Contact Information for 2 references
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report - total verbal and quantitative score of 900, as well as a 4.0 or better on the analytical writing section (for tests taken before August 2011) or a total verbal and quantitative score of 300, as well as a 4.0 or better on the analytical writing section (for tests taken after August 2011). OR Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score report - total score of 400 or better (for tests taken in or after October 2004) or a total score of 50 or better (for tests taken before October 2004)
- Professional vita
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.