Ed.D. in Community Care & Counseling / Pastoral Care & Counseling
Liberty University’s online Doctor of Education in Community Care & Counseling – Pastoral Care and Counseling program will equip you to provide professional counseling services in a ministry setting. Through this program, you will learn to evaluate diverse individual, group, and family populations. This program is ideal for professionals — such as pastors, licensed professional counselors, licensed marriage and family therapists, and licensed clinical social workers — who want to expand their knowledge base to enhance their careers.
Professional careers include:
- Church counselor
- Marriage and family counselor
- Outpatient care therapist
- Social worker
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$595.00
Out of State Rate:$595.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$33,915.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$33,915.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Military:$15,675.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies).
- Regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree (i.e., counseling, psychology, human services) with a minimum of 3.0 GPA. Applicants who have a regionally accredited masters in a non-related field are welcome to apply, but if admitted will be required to complete M.A. level prerequisite courses assigned to them before taking any Doctor of Education coursework.
- Miller’s Analogies Test (MAT) (Total score of 400 or better) score report or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report (Total verbal and quantitative score of 300 and a 4.0 or better on the analytic writing section). Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher in their most recent master’s degree can have the GRE/MAT requirement waived.
- Statement of Purpose
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Liberty University does not engage in unlawful discrimination or harassment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, national origin, pregnancy or childbirth, disability or military veteran status in its educational programs and activities. Liberty University maintains its Christian character and reserves its right to discriminate on the basis of religion to the extent that applicable law respects its right to act in furtherance of its religious objectives. The following persons have been designated to coordinate Liberty University’s compliance with certain anti-discrimination laws: Coordinator of LU Online Disability Academic Support at (434) 592-5417 or email@example.com; Director of Disability Academic Support (Residential) at (434) 582-2159 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Title IX Coordinator at (434) 582-8948 or TitleIX@liberty.edu.