Doctor of Nursing Practice
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree available at Liberty University is structured for nurses who want to learn to use evidence-based research to improve the quality of care they can provide for patients. Students in this program will also learn how to lead inter professional teams who are encouraging innovations that may advance health care, policies, and systems. Those who are interested in this program must already be practicing as a clinical nurse specialist, nurse leader, or nurse practitioner.
While the courses in this program are offered online, students are required to fulfill residency and practicums. In some instances, students may complete this requirement in their own area, if granted by their state approval process. The DNP program asks students to complete a total of 41 credit hours, which are broken in 27 credit hours of core courses and 14 hours of project and practicum courses. Some of the core courses students will participate in include Healthcare Operations & Financial Management, Translational Research in Healthcare, and Advanced Nursing Research.
By the end of this program, students should be able to use information systems and technology, apply evidence-based clinical decision making to relevant populations, be able to create health care environments that improve cost-effectiveness and quality, and blend advanced practice nursing with nursing science, research, theory, and scholarship. Liberty places focus on commitment, service, and learning through collaboration of students, faculty, and God. This school intends to challenge students to serve each other, strive towards excellence, and effectively prepare for their future career or position.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Transcripts must include a Master of Science Degree in Nursing
- Graduate GPA of 3.0
- Current and active RN license
- Writing sample
Students in the Post-MSN program will need to attend a total of three residential intensives.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.