Doctor of Ministry / Pastoral Counseling
Offered through Liberty University Baptist Theological Seminary is the Doctor of Ministry – Pastoral Counseling. This degree was designed to help individuals in the counseling field to know how to speak to those having emotional, mental, and spiritual struggles. Students in the program may be taught how to better understand biblical principles in order to be successful in pastoral counseling career. This Ministry program is ideal for individuals wanting to pursue career options as a pastoral counselor, church counselor, or church administrator.
The Doctor of Ministry – Pastoral Counseling requires students to complete 33 credit hours for completion. The degree contains core courses, pastoral counseling cognate, elective courses, and thesis courses. Students will take a variety of classes including Individual and Family Issues in Pastoral Counseling, Crisis and Current Issues in Pastoral Counseling, and Growth and Development of the Contemporary Minister. The thesis requirement will demand thesis project writing and thesis project defense.
Students may have the opportunity to meet with well-known church leaders to discuss the goals and purpose of ministry. Upon completion of this program, individuals should have a deeper understanding of what it means to serve in a pastoral setting.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.