Doctor of Ministry / Discipleship
The Doctor of Ministry – Discipleship is ideal for training individuals in order to strengthen their ministry abilities. Upon completion, students should be able to provide knowledge and leadership in evangelism, theology, and helping others understand the Great Commission. The Doctor of Ministry – Discipleship was designed to equip and train church leaders, missionaries and pastors who want to have a closer relationship with God and others.
The Doctor of Ministry – Discipleship requires the completion of 33 credit hours. Students have the option to transfer in maximum of six credits from an accredited institution. Liberty University requires that for this program, 27 credit hours must be earned through LU. Prospective students will take core courses, discipleship cognate courses, and elective courses. Also required is a 9 credit hour thesis, consisting of thesis project writing. Students need a minimum of a B- on their thesis project. Upper level counseling courses wishing to be used as elective credit will need approval from the LU Online Transfer Evaluation Office.
A few examples of courses individuals might take in the program could include: Biblical and Philosophical Foundations of Disciple Making, Growth and Development of the Contemporary Minister, and Historical and Practical Discipleship Models. Students earning this degree have the potential to pursue career options as a senior pastor, outreach pastor, professor, or church administrator.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.