Bachelor of Science in Special Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
Liberty University Online’s Bachelor of Science in Special Education in Interdisciplinary Studies (non-licensure with 5th year MAT option) will equip you with the specialized knowledge, insight, and skills you need to achieve your goals and succeed in your career. Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science degree, you may choose to continue for a 5th year to earn licensure in special education through the MAT.
Liberty Online’s program approaches the discipline of education from a Christian perspective to provide you with a firm foundation from which to understand special educational development and behavior. You will gain insight into the development and influence of a Christian worldview in special education, as well as study current educational trends practiced in today’s private and public schools.
This degree will make you eligible for an Association of Christian Schools International certificate in Special Education. Potential Career Options: Teacher’s aide, paraprofessional, pre-licensure preparation, Christian school educator, home school teacher, church educator or disability ministry director
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.