Bachelor of Science in Religion / Biblical and Theological Studies
The Bachelor of Science in Religion with a concentration in Biblical and Theological Studies degree offered by Liberty University is available to students in a completely online format. This program aims to equip students with a solid, biblical foundation that an individual needs to serve in a ministry capacity. Concepts and skills such as understanding the fundamentals of the Bible, Christianity, Christian theology, and the Christian church are all covered in this program. One of the objectives of this program is to provide students with a rich understanding of the origin and the contents of the Bible and to help students grasp the importance of the Bible to the Christian faith.
By the end of this program, students should be able to use the Bible in dealing with contemporary issues in ministry. Students should also be able to utilize excellent oral and written communication skills that are key to communication effectively not only in professional ministry environments, but also in personal environments. Individuals who graduate from this program are equipped to fulfill a wide range of church ministry positions or to pursue their education further in the graduate or seminary level. Potential careers for graduates include: Business, Chaplaincy, Clergy, Communications, Education, Health and Welfare Ministries, Local Church, Local Ministries, Missions, Religious Communities, and Social Services.
This program requires students to take and complete 120 credit hours of courses. Students can choose from three cognates of this program: Biblical and Theological Studies, Christian Ministries, or Christian Counseling. Students must take at least 48 credit hours in General Education courses. Biblical and Theology Studies student's are required to take one of the following courses as well as twelve additional Biblical or Theological courses: The Person and Work of Christ or Theology of the Family. These courses as well as the free electives should serve to help a student build a foundational understanding of the Bible, Christianity. Christian History, and Theology.
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.