Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Liberty University offers an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The program is designed to provide registered nurses with a formal educational background, while building on biblical knowledge, liberal arts, behavioral and social sciences. The nursing program's curriculum is directly derived from the stated purpose, philosophy, objectives and organization of the Department of Nursing, which is based on Patricia Benner’s nursing theory and process. It provides a structured framework for the practice and conceptual approach to the challenging nursing curriculum. Graduates of the Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program are equipped with the critical thinking and leadership skills to advance in healthcare careers in areas of nursing including medical missions and administration. Liberty University's Department of Nursing prepares students to become committed nurses with Christian ethical standards and practice with a ministry of caring based on the Benner theoretical framework.
The BSN is a 120-credit-hour program comprised of 43 general education courses, fulfilling the required academics in math, science, history, English, humanities, government, religion and social studies. The core nursing curriculum is 73 credit hours in total and delves into the integral topics pertaining to healthcare, pharmacology, child care, public health, management and administration. The remaining four credit hours are reserved for students to choose elective courses from other disciplines. Graduates will be well prepared to advance in current career positions, moving onto management and administration leadership positions and, in addition, many graduates will also use the foundation of the BSN to pursue higher education goals and continue onto a masters or doctorate level degree.
The BSN program requires potential students to already hold a valid RN licensure in the state of residence, unencumbered without actual or pending sanctions. Nursing students must obtain a RN license from a previous program accredited by the National League of Nursing, from either an associates degree or a hospital diploma. The program is delivered in a flexible format, to provide busy professional students with the opportunity to earn a valuable nursing degree while fulfilling obligations to family, careers and faith. Students of the program also benefit from having insight and communication with the highly qualified and accomplished nursing faculty, that provide support throughout the course and a Christ-centered education. Students also have the option to connect with other nursing students, around the world, through the online nursing program who have a variety of backgrounds in many specialties.
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
This is a bachelor completion program. A total of 120 credits are required, including transfer credits.
- Nursing curriculum: 30 hours required through Liberty
- RN licensure in state-of-residence, must be current and active RN licensure
- Graduate of an NLN accredited nursing program leading to an associate degree or hospital diploma
- Technology questionnaire
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.