Bachelor of Science in History
A Bachelor of Science in History degree is available from Liberty University. While in this program, students will study subjects such as the Civil War, Revolutionary War, American economic trends, and World Wars I and II. This degree is designed for those interested in entering the field of history, and who want to enter a career as a historian who can also integrate their faith into their profession.
This program asks students to complete a total of 120 credit hours in order to earn this degree. While Liberty allows some credits to be transferred in, there are some stipulations; 30 overall credit hours and 18 credit hours of major courses must be taken at Liberty, in addition to taking 30 credit hours of upper-level courses as a part of the total 120 credit hours. If credits are being transferred, students should consult with an advisor before planning their course schedule. All of the courses in this program are offered in an online format. The courses are broken into different sections: core competency requirements, skills & knowledge, major courses, and electives. Students must complete 36 hours in core courses, nine in skills & knowledge, 42 in major courses, and 33 hours of electives.
Some of the classes included in the major courses are Roman Civilization, American Economic History, and Modern American Military History. After completing all the curriculum requirements, graduates may find positions as historians, museum directors, history instructors, or library assistants. Liberty places focus on commitment, service, and learning through collaboration of students, faculty, and God. This school intends to challenge students to serve each other, strive towards excellence, and effectively prepare for their future career or position.
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.