Bachelor of Science in Biblical and Educational Studies
The Bachelor of Science in Biblical and Educational Studies degree offered by Liberty University is available to students in a completely online format. Aiming to equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to develop into biblically trained teachers who can impact the Christian education system, the curriculum provides students with an understanding of church history and theological issues. Students who enroll in this program can opt for a fifth year that will help them earn licensure through the MAT or through an online master’s degree program offered by Liberty University.
This program requires students to take 120 credit hours of courses in order to graduate. The general education requirements are split up into two core courses. The foundational studies core includes courses in English, Math, Evangelism, and Computer Science. The investigative studies core has requirements in Natural Science, History, Social Science, Humanities, Philosophy, Bible, and Theology. Students majoring in the Biblical and Educational Studies program must take the following courses: Principles of Education, Learning Theory and Portfolio Development, Inductive Bible Study, History of the Christian Church I and II, Methods of Teaching Bible and Religion, and more.
Students enrolled in this program must take 30 hours of upper-level courses and at least 50 percent of those hours must be taken from Liberty University. Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale and maintain a C average or better in the upper-level courses.
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.