Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance Management
Offered through Liberty University is an online Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance Management. Liberty University currently offers the largest flight school in Virginia, which may be of interest to potential students. Throughout the program, individuals are taught air traffic safety and control, airframe assembly, and aircraft electrical systems. The Aviation Maintenance Management program consists of 120 credit hours. Students will need to complete 30 hours of upper level courses, with 50 percent of the total hours taken through Liberty University.
Students may be expected to complete courses such as Hydraulic, Pneumatic & Landing Gear Systems, Aircraft Assembly & Inspection, and Turbine Engines & Jet Transportation. Those who have completed the Aviation Maintenance Management have the potential to find employment as a military or corporate pilot, aviation technician, or aviation management specialist.
While flight training for the residential program takes place at the Lynchburg Regional Airport, individuals completing the online program may fulfill their training through an affiliate program such as Cessna Pilot Center, which are located across the U.S.
In order to be a flight instructor through LU, students must sit before the Certified Flight Instructor Board for consideration. After individuals have been hired as a flight instructor by the university, they may begin fulfilling their flight practice hours so that by graduation students will have the necessary hours completed.
To be eligible for this program, participants must have eyesight that is or can be corrected to 20/20, as well as be able to pass the second-class FFA medical exam.
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Students must also be able to pass the FAA 2nd class medical and have eyesight that is correctable to 20/20. Miniumum 2.5 GPA.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.