Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics
Liberty University offers an online Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics degree program. The School of Aeronautics at Liberty University, previously known as The Department of Aviation, aims to equip students with the resources to understand the foundations of aviation and effective aeronautical decision-making skills necessary to pursue a career as a commercial, military or missionary pilot. Students of the largest flight school in Virginia may develop a comprehensive knowledge of safe flight operations that are subject to weather, aero-medical issues, and legal responsibilities. All students interested in pursuing the Aeronautics degree must already hold a commercial pilot’s certificate or be an Air Transport Pilot.
The accredited, FAA-certified aviation program has continued to grow and become one of the two largest Christian university aviation programs in America. The Aeronautics program is approved to train and certify pilots through an intensive academic program, leading successful graduates to earn a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics degree. To expand the aeronautical program, the School of Aeronautics has introduced aircraft maintenance and a concentration in Unmanned Aerial Systems; both specialized training programs enhance a Liberty University student’s education with a competitive advantage when entering the aviation job market.
The Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics is a 120 total credit hours. The program is comprised of 42 credit hours in the basic general education requirements, the interdisciplinary electives account for 35 credit hours, and the final 43 credit hours are core Aeronautic courses that culminate the student’s curriculum. Students of the B.S. program may also choose from several piloting concentrations. Please be advised that some or all of the concentrations may not be available in the online format. The concentrations are Corporate/Commercial Pilot, Missionary Pilot, and Military Pilot. Students should speak to an advisor if interested in a pilot’s option.
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
All students interested in pursuing the Aeronautics degree must already hold a commercial pilot’s certificate or be an Air Transport Pilot.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.