Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Liberty University offers an online Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree to best suit busy working adults with the desire to further education and career goals. The online format allows students to earn a useful degree and to gain the knowledge and skills required to enter the job market with a competitive advantage.
Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies program is an intermediate degree. The curriculum is appropriate for students that require the formal education of a two-year program or is most commonly used as a foundation for a bachelor of science degree. The interdisciplinary degree offers students a range of courses designed to provide the basic knowledge in key academic areas such as English, mathematics, science, and history. Through the variety of course work, students will develop skills in university-level writing, speaking, reading, and computer literacy while using the foundations to enhance assets and focus for pursuit of a bachelors of science degree.
An interdisciplinary course of study is an academic program that provides students with the necessary educational setting to foster the study of subject matter which can be understood from a single perspective. The Liberty University Associate of Arts degree program in Interdisciplinary Studies offers students interested in a liberal arts education an individualized curriculum, emphasizing concentrations such as English, computers, business, psychology or education. The A.A. program encourages students to improve critical thinking, problem solving and research skills with the broad spectrum of applicable subjects.
Students can choose among concentrations or combine concentrations into a variety of areas, such as psychology, English, public relations, multicultural studies, communication, education or information technology. Students may be required to complete a capstone or culminating project per individual concentration to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the coursework. Course topics include: management, diversity, social studies, psychology, politics, mass media, organizational communication, international law, public relations and writing to name a few.
The online interdisciplinary studies degree serves as a stepping stone toward earning one of eight available bachelor’s degree programs also offered in the online format. The 60-credit-hour program is comprised of general education courses covering the wide range of topics in sciences, math, English, humanities, communications and the arts.
Degree Level: Associate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.