Associate of Arts in Education (Non-licensure)
Liberty University has designed the Associate of Arts in Education (Non-Licensure) degree program to suit the busy lifestyles of working professional students in an online format.
Students with a desire to gain further insight into the foundational principles of education, will learn the necessary skills to enter an education program. The A.A. in Education will equip students with a firm understanding of early educational development and behavior to advance in career aspirations.
A focused curriculum will cover the current trends practiced in private and public schools, while emphasizing a solid foundation in theories and methodology of a Christian based commitment. Students will assist fellow educators in the arenas of Christian schools, churches and home schooling. Liberty University's Associates of Arts in Education (Non-Licensure) degree serves as the solid foundation for successful students to gain a higher education by preparing for the Bachelor of Science in Education.
The Liberty University School of Education provides quality Christian education based on the principles of God’s Word. The school, by virtue, is committed to strengthening an individual's mind, body and soul while educating the person as God created. The School of Education offers many residential and online programs to prepare students for careers in teaching, school administration and programs in the area of sport management. Students should be advised that the non-licensure program will not allow a student to sit for state or ACSI licensure tests.
The 60-credit-hour degree program is comprised of 39 general education courses covering topics in sciences, math, English, humanities, communications and the arts. The remaining 21 credit hours culminate the core education curriculum by delving into early childhood learning centers, churches, pre-schools, tutoring and homeschooling topics. No practicum is required for the associate degree program.
Degree Level: Associate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.