Liberty University has designed the Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice degree in an online format to suit the busy lifestyles of working adults. The flexible online curriculum gives professional students the opportunity to earn a valuable degree towards educational goals or to advance in future career aspirations.
Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice program provides students with the critical stepping stones in the justice field with a foundation of knowledge and skill to be well prepared careers within related fields. The Helms School of Government's specialized curriculum prepares students to demonstrate and apply the Christian way of learning religious, economic and political liberties, while pursuing the academic background of the criminal justice system.
The Helms School of Government currently offers ten residential degree programs, where students seeking other concentrations can pursue minors in Government, Criminal Justice, International Relations, Politics and Policy, Western Legal Traditions and Strategic Intelligence Studies. Online students should be advised that not all of the Government School programs may be offered as an online program.
Graduates of the degree program will develop the oral and written communication skills necessary to advance in professional fields. The learned coursework builds on the students leadership and managerial assets to confidently pursue future career opportunities and certifications. Earning the Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice degree will give students the vital resources to understand the internal workings of the criminal justice system and proper evaluation of individual types of crime using the constitutional, procedural and organizational methods of the federal criminal justice system. A Criminal Justice degree will equip graduates to effectively discern the behavioral characteristics that exemplify substantive and procedural criminal law, as well as the relevance between the laws.
The flexible and unique online format delivers courses through a virtual classroom within an eight week time frame, where all coursework will be submitted online to instructors. The 60 credit hour degree program is comprised of 39 general education courses covering topics in sciences, math, English, humanities, communications and the arts. The remaining 21 credit hours culminate the core justice curriculum by delving into administration, casework, corrections, counseling, juvenile justice, probation and parole, social services and victim advocacy.
The Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice degree program will give graduates the competitive advantage in current or future career endeavors. The opportunities for entry-level job placement are attainable with the formal education and academic background from Liberty University.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This is the regional accrediting body for southern states.
Training Champions for Christ since 1971
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible. One of our Admissions Counselors is ready to assist you with this process. Here is what you can expect from us:
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
*excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Benefits of Attending Liberty University
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements.
- Credit for prior training, certification, licensure, experience, and learning, and more such as:
- Real Estate
- Emergency Response
- Courses taught from a Christian worldview.
- 8 start dates a year, with an 8 week course format.
- 87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Tuition discounts for
- Military service members, including active duty, retired, veterans, and their spouses.
- Emergency Response Personnel
Corporate Tuition Assistance
- Deferred – If you company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other convenient payment options are available
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.