The Master of Science in Data Science program provides students with background and insights into the key mathematical and computer science issues involved in the analysis of massive data sets. Professionals with this expertise can work on behalf of organizations that collect tremendous quantities of data. These organizations employ data scientists to develop effective solutions for distilling meaning from what would otherwise be a disorganized bundle of seemingly disconnected data points. Data Scientists specialize in developing solutions for organizations to accomplish this goal.
- Two concentration options:
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Computer Science
- 100% online format
- Complete in as little as 2 years
Why Choose Lewis University?
- Personalized, flexible education that fits your career goals, with the option to choose a targeted concentration area.
- Relatable and engaging coursework is based off real-world examples ensuring that what you are able to fully leverage the skills immediately in your career.
- Experienced faculty who have tremendous industry experience and who share their passion for computer science and the latest learning in a fast-changing field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Full admission requires 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Provisional admission may be granted for GPA under 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and completion of 9 credit hours in the program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 24 years of age
- 3 years of work experience
- Completed application
- Official academic transcripts from all colleges attended
- Personal essay
- Two letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission