Master of Science in Data Science / Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
Online Master of Science in Data Science
Build your skill-set in data mining, data visualization, predictive analysis and data management with Lewis University's online MS in Data Science degree. Students will have the opportunity to leverage cutting-edge cloud computing resources and use an array of techniques and theories such as linear algebra and distributed storage and processing — all to identify trends and solve problems with big data.
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics: This concentration looks at data analysis from the perspective of biology and prepares students to develop solutions for computational biology and bioinformatics data management projects. Students will use data mining to design custom pharmaceuticals, track the spread of disease, and understand and apply genomic data. The courses will engage students in solving current problems in the healthcare industry that require the processing and presentation of large quantities of data.
- 100% online format
- Complete in as little as 2 years
Why Choose Lewis University?
- Personalized, flexible education that fits your career goals, with the option to choose a targeted concentration area.
- Relatable and engaging coursework is based off real-world examples ensuring that what you are able to fully leverage the skills immediately in your career.
- Experienced faculty who have tremendous industry experience and who share their passion for computer science and the latest learning in a fast-changing field.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$795.00
Out of State Rate:$795.00
Additional Fees :$370.00
Fees Overview :
Technology Fee (per semester): $50
Graduate Graduation Fee (one-time): $170
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$28,990.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$28,990.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Full admission requires 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Provisional admission may be granted for GPA under 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and completion of 9 credit hours in the program with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 24 years of age
- 3 years of work experience
- Completed application
- Official academic transcripts from all colleges attended
- Personal essay
- Two letters of recommendation
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.