In partnership with the Solmaz Institute, students complete an internship that meets basic ACEND competencies. Students will have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of childhood obesity – prevention and treatment.
With successful completion, students will:
- Earn a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) Verification Statement
- Be able to sit for the Registered Dietitian (RD) certification exam administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Be able to apply nine of the eighteen earned credits to the MPH degree.
- Requires an on-site orientation at the Hickory campus
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, with coursework from an ACEND accredited program
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
School Accreditation Statement
Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges