Master of Science in Nursing (RN to MSN)
The online Master of Science in Nursing (RN to MSN) is designed to provide expertise in strategic management, resource management and creating a safe, supportive and inclusive practice environment to students.
Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to assume more of a primary care role as health care reform creates greater demand for access to quality care.
Lamar University offers two tracks within the RN to MSN, MSN in Administration and MSN in Education.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- An Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS, ADN) degree or a Diploma in Nursing from an approved program
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher. Students with a GPA of 2.75-2.99 may take the MAT and earn a satisfactory score in order to be considered for the program
- Grades below a “C” in nursing or co-requisite courses will not be accepted
- Transfer credits will be evaluated on an individual basis
- Proof of current unencumbered license to practice professional nursing (RN) in the United States or approved United States territory
Since its founding in 1923, the well-noted public research institute, Lamar University has continued growing. It serves as a "Military Friendly School," especially through the development of its distance learning programs. Moreover, the accelerated five and eight week terms the online branch of the school has designed eases the learning of adult students juggling coursework and careers. Lamar University is awards Associate's, Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctorate degrees.
LU Online undergraduate programs offer several different degree options. The University also offers graduate degree and certification programs for those desiring to advance their studies.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.