The online Certificate in Health Informatics prepares students for employment as entry level Health Informatics personnel or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in related health record occupations. The curriculum teaches the fundamentals of healthcare informatics by focusing on the resources, devices, and methods used to acquire, store, retrieve, and utilize electronic health records. Courses include legal and ethical aspects of health information, health care delivery systems, computers in health care, medical terminology, and coding and insurance.
- Criminal background screening
- Meet all requirements of Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- Official transcripts from high school and/or all other colleges attended
- Minimum of 2.25 GPA on all college work
- Spend 24 hours volunteering in a health information department
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges