The online Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology prepares students for employment in a multitude of settings throughout the healthcare industry including hospitals, physician offices and clinics, long-term care facilities, insurance companies, government agencies and home care providers. Courses include health information organization and supervision, coding and reimbursement methodologies, computers in health care, advanced medical coding, and health care statistics.
- Criminal background screening
- Meet all requirements of Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- Official transcripts from high school and/or all other colleges attended
- Minimum of 2.25 GPA on all college work
- Spend 24 hours volunteering in a health information department
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges