Master of Science in Nursing
The online MSN degree program from King University offers nurses a direct track towards career advancement through continued education. Students are offered two concentrations, Nurse Educator and Nurse Administrator, and graduates of either track are able to:
- Synthesize theory, research, and values within a conceptual framework for advanced nursing practice in a specialized area
- Expand critical thinking and diagnostic reasoning skills to determine clinical decisions as a nursing professional
- Practice advanced nursing reflectively, guided by theory and expanded knowledge
- Demonstrate professional accountability in decisions based on ethical, professional, and Christian standards
- Interpret nursing's role affecting healthcare and health policy on local, state, national, and global levels
- Use outcome criteria to improve the quality of specialty practice
- Participate in professional and personal growth-promoting activities
- Achieve requisite knowledge and skills to pursue doctoral education
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited nursing program
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale on all prior academic work
- Students with less than a 3.0 GPA may be considered and accepted on a conditional basis
- Undergraduate course work completed with a “C” grade or better in the following disciplines: Statistics, Nursing research, Health assessment (not required for nursing administration), Pathophysiology (highly recommended but not required)
- Current unrestricted licensure to practice as a registered nurse in Tennessee (compact/multi-state accepted)
- Current CPR or BLS certification
- Completed application, transcript form, and all previous transcripts
- A current CV
- CPR certification
- A writing sample
- Two letters of recommendation
King University is a four-year private school located in Bristol, Tennessee. The Holston Presbytery established King College in 1867 to be a Presbyterian College, naming the school after Reverend James King, who donated 25 acres of land for the campus. King outgrew its small campus and moved to its new 135-acre location about 2 miles from downtown Bristol. In 2013, King College changed its name to King University.
King University offers undergraduate majors, minors, pre-professional degrees and concentrations in fields such as business, digital media, nursing, forensic science, education, and humanities. Graduate programs are offered in business administration, nursing, and education. Some degrees are available online. These courses are delivered 100% online and do not require any on-premises learning.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.