The online Certificate in Payroll Accounting Specialist program from Kentucky Community and Technical College System is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in payroll processing. Coursework focuses on:
- Basic financial accounting concepts for decision-making, planning, and control
- The elements of internal control systems
- The use and function of emerging/existing communication and information processing technology and its application to accounting practice
- Identification, organization, and communication of relevant data used in external financial reporting
- Payroll accounting and its related tax obligations
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsACT/SAT, COMPASS
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Applicants may need to declare a home school within KCTCS and meet school-specific enrollment criteria.