The online Certificate in Entrepreneurship program from Kentucky Community and Technical College System provides students with the foundational knowledge needed to turn a project, idea, product, or service into a business venture. Graduates are able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of entrepreneurship and identify several characteristics of a successful entrepreneur
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the purpose and structure of a business plan
- Identify the basic marketing and management skills necessary for an entrepreneur
- Describe the marketing functions and describe the ways marketing facilitates exchange and creates economic utility
- Describe and evaluate promotional efforts, including advertising, sales promotion, personal selling, and publicity
- Describe marketing challenges currently facing businesses and organizations
- Apply techniques of leadership to achieve personal, group, and organizational goals through the application of behavioral and motivational understanding
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Kentucky Community and Technical College System is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsACT/SAT, COMPASS
Official High School Transcript/GED Score