The online Diploma in Small Business Management program from Kentucky Community and Technical College System is designed to prepare students for the position of entrepreneur and business owner. Students learn the fundamentals of starting and operating a business, including:
- Basic financial accounting concepts, applications, reporting, and interpretations
- The operation of the economic system and how it affects individuals, organizations, and society
- Legal forms of small business operations
- Sources of funding for small business
- Financial documents for planning, organizing, and controlling small business
- The role of marketing and customer focus in an organization
- The functions of management – planning, organizing, leading, staffing, and controlling
This program is offered in two formats:
- Learn on Demand offers 100% online self-paced learning with multiple start dates per semester.
- Learn by Term provides traditional semester-based online courses with set start and finish times.
Students must designate a KCTCS college as their Home College. The KCTCS Home College must have program approval to award the credential. Online classes are delivered by different KCTCS colleges, and the Home College accepts all system-wide online courses delivered by other KCTCS colleges.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Kentucky Community and Technical College System is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsACT/SAT, COMPASS
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Applicants may need to declare a home school within KCTCS and meet school-specific enrollment criteria.