The online Post Master's Certificate in Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist provides nurses who already have a graduate degree in nursing the additional specialized knowledge to prepare them for the adult gerontology clinical nurse specialist role.
The certificate meets the educational requirements for the national certification examination.
- An active, unrestricted RN license in the state in which practicum hours will be completed
- An earned master's degree in nursing or a doctorate in nursing practice from an accredited nursing program
- Minimum 3.0 graduate GPA (4.0 scale)
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Transcript(s) of all previous graduate coursework
- Syllabi of all courses to considered for transfer in the gap analysis
- Three letters of reference from health care professionals or faculty members
- International students have added requirements
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission