Prepare for advanced clinical nursing roles and national certification with the online Master of Science in Nursing degree from Kent State University. The Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner track allows students to achieve the highest level of primary nursing care, health promotion, and disease prevention for women.
Students in this master’s in Nursing online gain competency in management of common acute and chronic conditions. Practicum experiences allow students to gain practice in direct care and collaboration with other healthcare professionals. Faculty mentors and clinical preceptors help students develop clinical judgment and primary care skills applicable to a variety of settings.
Some of the course topics in the Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner concentration include:
- Menstrual cycle, fertility control, and gynecological conditions
- Evidence-based practice and research for health promotion during the reproductive years
- Legal and business aspects associated with women’s healthcare
- Primary healthcare of premenopausal and menopausal women
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A bachelor's and/or graduate degree from an accredited registered nursing program is preferred. Applicants with a RN license and bachelor's degree in a non-nursing field will be considered based on faculty review of a submitted portfolio.
- Active, unrestricted RN license required
- Must have completed an undergraduate statistics course with minimum C grade
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, US Territories, International