Nurses can pursue advanced clinical roles and national certification with the online Master of Science from Kent State University. The Nurse Educator track prepares students to teach in a variety of settings and gain expertise in an area of clinical specialty.
This master’s in nursing education online gives students knowledge of curriculum development, instruction, and evaluation. Courses cover both traditional and online learning formats for academic and staff development purposes. The program emphasizes the application of educational theories and principles. Individualized practicums allow students to work with master educators to gain experience in their area of educational interest.
Core MSN coursework covers topics such as:
- Advanced nursing informatics
- Health policy and advanced nursing practice
- Theoretical basis for nursing practice
- Methods of inquiry
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A bachelor's and/or graduate degree from an accredited registered nursing program is preferred. Applicants with a RN license and bachelor's degree in a non-nursing field will be considered based on faculty review of a submitted portfolio.
- Active, unrestricted RN license required
- Must have completed an undergraduate statistics course with minimum C grade
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, US Territories, International