Advanced Certificate in Mammography
Kennebec Valley Community College offers an Advanced Certificate in Mammography through the science technology program. The Mammography program seeks to help students develop theoretical knowledge and practical training in all areas of Mammography. This certificate requires one semester of study with 14 credit hours total. There are also clinical hours required, but all classes are online.
Kennebec Valley Community College’s mission of the Radiological Technology program is to educate and train all students to provide direct services to patients. With this training and education students will be able to use radiation to produce the images required for medical diagnosis from an integral perspective. Once students have completed all program requirements they will receive a certificate in Mammography. This certificate allows them to sit for the certification examination of the ARRT’s examination in Mammography.
A few educational outcomes from the radiological technology program include, but are not limited to:
- The capability to evaluate a patient’s medical information to determine the correct procedure to perform
- The ability to perform mammography procedures integrating all the patients’ information to facilitate a diagnosis
- The capability of performing any procedure in their field of study
- The ability to talk to patients about any concerns and clarify their questions regarding equipment and procedures
- The ability to apply discretion and critical thinking to all procedures and to continue to education themselves in their field of study
Delivery Format:100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Technical and Career Institutions
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.