Masters of Science in Food Science
Kansas State University - College of Agriculture - Graduate
The online Food Science master’s program gives students knowledge about designing, processing and marketing safe, wholesome and attractive food products for consumption throughout the world. Students will learn about food chemistry, food microbiology, food safety, sensory analysis, food processing and food engineering.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Requires an oral examination on campus in Manhattan, Kansas.
- Bachelor's degree with 3.0 minimum GPA during last two years of course work
- Completion of prerequisite courses
- STAT 325 Statistics
- BIOCHEM 521 Biochemistry or a general biochemistry class
- CHM 531 Organic Chemistry
- A general calculus course
- A course in physics
- An introductory course in microbiology
- A course in botany, zoology, or biology
- Students residing within the United States or Canada
- Admission to the K-State Graduate School
- Including GRE scores with a total of 300 between Verbal and Quantitative
Kansas State University offers master’s degrees and certificate programs in agricultural fields that can be completed online. These graduate-level programs include: Agribusiness master’s degree; food science master’s degree or graduate certificate; agricultural education and communication master’s degree; and graduate certificates in food safety and defense, biobased products and bioenergy, grassland management, advanced horticulture and horticultural therapy.
This program has not been ranked.
School Video - Graduate College of Agriculture
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.