Master of Science in Environmental Science & Policy
Johns Hopkins University
The Masters of Science in Environmental Science and Policy is a springboard to leadership for environmental professionals. The program gives students a powerful understanding of where the sciences overlap and inform policy while providing insight into how policy is implemented and affects environmental outcomes. The program was designed by academic leaders in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Johns Hopkins, in conjunction with experts in applied science at regional and federal institutes and agencies. The focus is on studying the environmental effects of current use on the creation, updating, regulating, communicating and enforcing of environmental policy.
The core curriculum provides the strong foundation of fundamental environmental science and policy required to work at the forefront of the field. A broad range of electives provide curricular flexibility to allow students to tailor their academic experience to suit personal needs and interests.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university is required, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- One semester of undergraduate calculus
- One semester of undergraduate statistics
- One semester of undergraduate general chemistry
- Applicants who do not have the necessary undergraduate training in calculus, statistics, or chemistry may be offered
- provisional admission if their other credentials are strong.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This program is currently not accepting students from Wisconsin.
Established in 1876, Johns Hopkins University is America’s first research university. With campuses located in Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, DC, the University is able to reach a global student body through its online graduate programs. Designed for working professionals, these flexible, part-time, education opportunities are taught by accomplished faculty that bring a relevant mix of theoretical and practical lessons to the coursework to ensure students receive a well-rounded education.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.