Master of Science in Energy Policy & Climate
Johns Hopkins University
The Master of Science in Energy Policy and Climate will prepare the next generation of interdisciplinary professionals to address the imposing challenges posed by climate change for human institutions and ecosystems and the potentially transformative role of sustainable energy systems. Students develop a firm grasp of climate change science and the potential impacts of climate change in this century and beyond. Moreover, they develop substantial expertise in energy law and policy making, as well as a working understanding of primary energy technologies, including both fossil fuel-based systems and renewable energy options.
Graduates of the MS in Energy Policy and Climate are well positioned to succeed in one of the fastest growing industries in the nation—and the world. As global energy demands increase at an ever-quickening pace, so too will the need for dynamic professionals capable of managing the delicate balance between the changing environment and our energy dependent society.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0.
- One semester of undergraduate calculus with a grade of B or better (or equivalent).
- One semester of descriptive statistics with a grade of B or better (or equivalent).
- One semester of general chemistry with a grade of B or better (or equivalent).
- It is highly desirable, but not required, that applicants have taken one semester of undergraduate microeconomics (or equivalent).
- Prerequisite courses are offered which help students without the necessary credentials and prerequisites to prepare for graduate-level work.
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This program is currently not accepting students from Wisconsin.
Established in 1876, Johns Hopkins University is America’s first research university. With campuses located in Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, DC, the University is able to reach a global student body through its online graduate programs. Designed for working professionals, these flexible, part-time, education opportunities are taught by accomplished faculty that bring a relevant mix of theoretical and practical lessons to the coursework to ensure students receive a well-rounded education.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.