The Johns Hopkins MS in Biotechnology offers a comprehensive exploration of basic science, applied science, and lab science, with an industry focus. The program gives you a solid grounding in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, genomics, and proteomics.
Our curriculum will prepare you to engage in research, lead lab teams, make development and planning decisions, create and apply research modalities to large projects, and take the reins of management and marketing decisions.
Many students like the flexibility of the general degree; it allows them to tailor the coursework to meet their individual career goals.
The program also offers five different concentrations:
- Biotechnology enterprise
- Regulatory affairs
- Drug discovery
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two semesters of biology
- Two semesters of college chemistry, preferably with laboratories
- Two semesters of organic chemistry, preferably with laboratories
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education