Master of Arts in Government
The Master of Arts in Government gives students the tools to examine governmental and social institutions in our society, explore areas of reform, and most importantly, bring about change. The program combines the theory and practice of government, politics, and policy-making.
The Johns Hopkins MA in Government was designed for working adults with specialized skills in a particular field but who want a broader perspective of government to position them for leadership in politics and administration. While our courses are designed around the latest scholarly and scientific knowledge, their true focus is to provide you with the practical skills necessary for solving governmental, political, and policy-making problems of today.
The MA in Government program offers three optional concentrations:
- Legal Studies focuses on the intersection of law and politics, as well as law enforcement issues.
- Political Communication provides you with the opportunity to study with practitioners in the field: reporters, political operatives, journalists, and campaign and news and media professionals.
- Security Studies covers the fundamentals of administering and preserving American security.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Course
In State Rate:$3,783.00
Out of State Rate:$3,783.00
Additional Fees :$2,100.00
Fees Overview :
Technology Fee (per course): $175
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$47,496.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$47,496.00
Required Admission Tests:GRE
International Students Accepted:Yes
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university, or equivalent international credential
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong writing skills
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This program is currently not accepting students from Wisconsin.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.