Master of Arts in Government
Johns Hopkins University
The Master of Arts in Government gives students the tools to examine governmental and social institutions in our society, explore areas of reform, and most importantly, bring about change. The program combines the theory and practice of government, politics, and policy-making.
The Johns Hopkins MA in Government was designed for working adults with specialized skills in a particular field but who want a broader perspective of government to position them for leadership in politics and administration. While our courses are designed around the latest scholarly and scientific knowledge, their true focus is to provide you with the practical skills necessary for solving governmental, political, and policy-making problems of today.
The MA in Government program offers three optional concentrations:
- Legal Studies focuses on the intersection of law and politics, as well as law enforcement issues.
- Political Communication provides you with the opportunity to study with practitioners in the field: reporters, political operatives, journalists, and campaign and news and media professionals.
- Security Studies covers the fundamentals of administering and preserving American security.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university, or equivalent international credential
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong writing skills
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
This program is currently not accepting students from Wisconsin.
Established in 1876, Johns Hopkins University is America’s first research university. With campuses located in Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, DC, the University is able to reach a global student body through its online graduate programs. Designed for working professionals, these flexible, part-time, education opportunities are taught by accomplished faculty that bring a relevant mix of theoretical and practical lessons to the coursework to ensure students receive a well-rounded education.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.