Graduate Certificate in Applied Health Economics & Outcomes Research
Jefferson (Philadelphia University +Thomas Jefferson University)
Jefferson Online offers the online Graduate Certificate in Applied Health Economics & Outcomes Research. With this certificate, students will be able to do the following:
- Compare historical trends to current issues in U.S. healthcare organization, delivery and financing.
- Explore market structures and competitiveness and their impact on health insurance, the role of government and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Examine the strengths and weaknesses of research design and statistical methods in evaluating product or service efficacy.
- Discuss the key concepts and applications of simulations and quantitative modeling in economic evaluations in health care.
- Earned baccalaureate or graduate degree with approximate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to perform graduate work demonstrated by either a graduate degree or at least 9 credits of appropriate graduate coursework with a grade of B or higher; OR a competitive score on the GRE or other graduate entrance examination
- Competency in basic statistics
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education