Master of Science in Nursing / Leadership in Healthcare Systems
The online Master of Science in Nursing / Leadership in Healthcare Systems prepares students for the challenges in a leadership position within the healthcare industry.
Students will develop Master’s-level skills in areas of leveraging technology to enhance success in a competitive healthcare environment. As a well educated nurse and professional, students will influence the internal processes of health policy formulation ensure understanding of clinical practice and organizational delivery. As part of the focused curriculum, students will apply principles of theory development, evaluating the health and illness of specific populations and making ethical decisions related to health care policy.
This nursing administration program is for designed BSN-trained registered nurses who wish to manage other nurses, provide leadership as a member of an administrative team in hospitals, clinics or other healthcare organizations and influence and implement institutional policies.
An MSN degree can lead to respectable administration positions such as:
- Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Nurse Administrator
- Nurse Director
- Nurse Manager
- Program Administrator
- Head of Nursing
- Nursing Service Administrator
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Current unencumbered U.S. RN license
- Copy of current government-issued photo identification (passport, driver’s license, identification card)
- Graduate from an ACEN or CCNE-accredited BSN nursing program with an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Students whose overall undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale must take the GRE.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities
- Evidence of completion of an undergraduate course in statistics and physical assessment
- Three recommendations
- An essay
- Professional resume or CV
Jacksonville University is a private institution of higher education located in Jacksonville, Florida. Founded in 1934 by William J. Porter, the university originated as a two-year junior college knows a William J. Porter University. The following year in 1935, the university was renamed Jacksonville Junior College. In 1958, after a merger between the Junior College and the Jacksonville College of Music, the university adopted its current name, Jacksonville University. In 1962 the university became an accredited four-year institution.
Students a Jacksonville University have the opportunity to earn their bachelor’s and master’s degree. Some of the most popular degree specializations include those within the social sciences, the health professions and business.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.