Master of Science in Nursing / Clinical Nurse Educator
The online Master of Science in Nursing / Clinical Nurse Educator prepares students to teach college-level students or seasoned nursing professionals. This program is designed for BSN trained registered nurses who want to combine clinical expertise and a passion for teaching into a rich and rewarding career.
Teaching offers students the choice to focus on adult education (staff development and/or continuing education in a healthcare agency) or higher education (teaching nursing students in a degree-granting institution).
The ANCC's Nursing Professional Development certification or the NLN’s Certified Nurse Educator designation are examples of certificates to garner skills and prepare for doctoral-level studies.
An MSN degree can lead to respectable administration positions in the school environment and the professional clinic fields such as:
- Adjunct Professor
- Instructional or Administrative Nurse Faculty
- Hospital Positions:
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Staff Development Officer
- Director of Education
- Continuing Education Specialist
- Unit Based Educator
- Patient Education Coordinator
- Magnet Coordinator
- System Education Specialist
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Current unencumbered U.S. RN license
- Copy of current government-issued photo identification (passport, driver’s license, identification card)
- Graduate from an ACEN or CCNE-accredited BSN nursing program with an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Students whose overall undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale must take the GRE.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities
- Evidence of completion of an undergraduate course in statistics and physical assessment
- Three recommendations
- An essay
- Professional resume or CV
Jacksonville University is a private institution of higher education located in Jacksonville, Florida. Founded in 1934 by William J. Porter, the university originated as a two-year junior college knows a William J. Porter University. The following year in 1935, the university was renamed Jacksonville Junior College. In 1958, after a merger between the Junior College and the Jacksonville College of Music, the university adopted its current name, Jacksonville University. In 1962 the university became an accredited four-year institution.
Students a Jacksonville University have the opportunity to earn their bachelor’s and master’s degree. Some of the most popular degree specializations include those within the social sciences, the health professions and business.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.