The online EdS in School Counseling program from Jacksonville State University is designed to educate school counselors and enable them to address elementary and secondary students' needs in the areas of academic, career, and personal/social development. Courses cover topics such as:
- Marriage & Family Counseling
- Diagnosis & Treatment of the DSM Disorders
- Crisis Counseling
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Official transcripts A master's degree
- Three letters of recommendation
- If currently an educator, a copy of the candidate’s Professional Educator Certificate
- Current professional vita or resume
- Official test scores on the General Test of the GRE or the MAT
- Applicants must meet one of the following formula requirements.
- 450 times the undergraduate GPA plus the total score of verbal and quantitative sections of the General Test of the GRE is equal to or greater than a total of 2100 points OR
- 15 times the undergraduate GPA plus the MAT score is equal to or greater than a total of 80 points.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges