If your job features management responsibilities but you are not planning on a career as a safety professional, this online occupational health and safety degree can help you get started. Companies must have occupational safety so this certificate can give graduates a leg up in the job market, providing formal recognition in this specialized field of study. You will gain knowledge and skills that will allow you to improve a company’s ability to protect their workers from injuries and illnesses.
Core courses likely include:
- Principles of Injury Prevention
- Occupational Safety Management
- Occupational Safety
- Legal Aspects of Occupational Safety and Health
- Industrial Hygiene: Physical, Chemical, and Biological Hazards
Unlike many undergraduate degrees, students must have a bachelor’s degree or be currently working on one for admission to this program.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Iowa State University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Official College Transcript(s)
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or in progress of completing one