Doctor of Nursing Practice
The mission of the IWU Doctor of Nursing Practice program is to prepare nurses at the highest level of leadership, scholarship, and character to be world changers in global healthcare systems.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program will prepare graduates to:
- Lead healthcare delivery teams to meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Synthesize principles of leadership in the evaluation and resolution of ethical and legal issues within healthcare systems.
- Apply creative and culturally sensitive approaches in the comprehensive assessment of healthcare systems.
- Integrate character, scholarship, and leadership in advanced nursing practice.
- Develop innovative practice approaches based on theories from nursing and other disciplines.
- Influence healthcare policy from an interprofessional perspective to improve health outcomes.
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$1,000.00
Out of State Rate:$1,000.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$31,000.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$31,000.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- A criminal history background check
- Submission of current unencumbered RN license.
- Submission of a current unencumbered APN license (if applicable).
- Submission of resume/curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of professional reference
- Submission of a 1-2 page narrative describing practice experience and professional goals.
- Submission of a practice related issue that will serve as the focus of the translational research project that will include the significance and impact of the project to nursing and healthcare.
Onsite residencies are held on the Marion, Indiana campus three (3) separate times throughout the program. Full attendance for each residency is required. Residencies will consist of a Monday through Friday schedule and will be posted in advance.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.