The mission of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner track is to prepare nurses to serve the psychiatric mental health care needs of individuals, families, and communities by developing them in character, scholarship, and leadership.
- Provide care for diverse populations with psychiatric mental health needs.
- Treat individuals with psychiatric mental health conditions across the lifespan.
- Collaborate with interprofessional healthcare teams and community organizations to provide care for individuals with multiple health needs.
- Serve as an advocate for vulnerable populations with psychiatric mental health conditions.
- Address the spiritual needs of the psychiatric mental health patient/client.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Indiana Wesleyan University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Occupational License, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Criminal Background Check