Post-Master's Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
Indiana Wesleyan University
The mission of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner track is to prepare nurses to serve the psychiatric mental health care needs of individuals, families, and communities by developing them in character, scholarship, and leadership.
- Provide care for diverse populations with psychiatric mental health needs.
- Treat individuals with psychiatric mental health conditions across the lifespan.
- Collaborate with interprofessional healthcare teams and community organizations to provide care for individuals with multiple health needs.
- Serve as an advocate for vulnerable populations with psychiatric mental health conditions.
- Address the spiritual needs of the psychiatric mental health patient/client.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Nursing from a regionally accredited program. Registered Nurses (RNs) who have a baccalaureate degree in a discipline other than nursing may also apply by meeting the following additional criteria:
- A minimum of 10 years experience in nursing practice.
- Master’s of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited program.
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution at which a minimum of 30 credit hours was completed.
- Anyone applying to become a student at Indiana Wesleyan University must provide proof that all nursing licenses, whether current or inactive, are unencumbered. Potential students with encumbered nursing licenses will not be considered eligible for enrollment at Indiana Wesleyan University.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from the baccalaureate and master’s degree-granting institutions.
- A criminal history background check
Indiana Wesleyan University is an evangelical Christian comprehensive university of The Wesleyan Church. The University was founded in 1920 as Marion College and is committed to liberal arts and professional education. IWU offers undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees and doctorate degrees, and students represent more than 80 Christian denominations and 10 foreign countries. Indiana Wesleyan has received national attention for its innovative adult education program, which began in 1985. Over 10,000 adult learners attend classes at education centers in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio, and online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.